In order to enable and empower persons with developmental disability to live as independently and as fully as possible, health services and their access to persons with developmental disabilities assume a very significant role. In this context, the health insurance facility becomes important but presently such products are not easily available for persons with developmental disabilities. In such a situation, a health insurance scheme “Niramaya” is conceived with the following objectives.
- To provide affordable Health Insurance to persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation & Multiple Disabilities.
- To encourage health services seeking behaviour among persons with developmental disability.
- To improve the general health condition & quality of life of persons with developmental disability
Scheme & its coverage
The scheme envisages to deliver comprehensive cover which will
- Have a single premium across age band
- Provide same coverage irrespective of the type of disability covered under the National Trust Act.
- Insurance cover up to Rs.1.0 lakh.
- All persons with developmental disabilities will be eligible and included and there will be no ‘selection’.
The scheme will be available in the entire country except J&K.