Bringing Together Investment and Innovation
Announcing the IPIHD Annual Innovator/Investor Conference (AIIC): April 15, 2012
Press Contact: Richard Bartlett, Associate Director of IPIHD
When and where is this happening?
The Annual Innovator-Investor Conference precedes the 9th Annual World Heath Care Congress (WHCC) on Sunday, April 15, 2012 in Washington, DC at the Gaylord Convention Center.
Who is invited?
The conference is by invite-only. However, if you would like to attend, you may contact us here to discuss. The conference is designed for:
- Investors focused on global health, healthcare delivery and emerging markets including firms from private equity, venture capital, social, and foundations
- Innovators in the IPIHD Network and who meet the criteria and have applied to join
- Supporters of IPIHD interested in meeting innovators in person and diving deeper into their innovative healthcare models
What will this conference achieve?
- For innovators and entrepreneurs with a sustainable business model, the AIIC presents a chance to explore funding and mentoring opportunities to grow current successful business models into new territories.
- Investors can benefit from AIIC by discovering emerging markets in which to potentially conduct business, along with key contacts in these markets.
- Supporters can network with innovators and investors and gain a deeper understanding of challenges and opportunities for healthcare innovators they mentor and support.
What is the Agenda?
The formal agenda is being developed, but the conference will focus on four key areas:
- Interactive panels focusing on how investors decide whether to invest in healthcare delivery businesses
- Innovator insights and success stories on how to successfully attract business funding
- Lightening pitch rounds where innovators will share their business models and ideas with investors and supporters
- Networking opportunities including a private reception with IPIHD supporters
How can I participate?
Contact us to explore opportunities to participate in the AIIC.
IPIHD supporter APAX Partners provided strategic advice on the conference design and implementation. The World Healthcare Congress is hosting the event, so please be sure to check their hosting reviews