Try asking these questions during the first few weeks on the job.
- Which of your talents was most under-utilized in your last job?
- Which of your talents would you most like to develop further?
- How would you like to be challenged in the coming year?
- What other goals do you have for yourself in the coming year and beyond?
- How often would you like to meet to discuss your progress?
Walk them upstream to see where the company’s raw materials come from or how the customer first makes contact with the company. Then walk them downstream so they can see how the product or service has an impact on the customer.
Let them talk directly with customers to find out how the product or service has an impact on them.
Let them sit in on a sales call with a satisfied customer.
More at Brightlights