11 People Management Skills Every Manager Should Master in 2022, Framework for Psychosocial Risks and when Livelihood meets Learning and Growth.
Created on 2022-02-18 17:51
Published on 2022-02-18 18:09
A Framework for Psychosocial Risks That India Inc Needs
Avik Chanda and his colleague wrote a great piece in ET outlining the framework needed by India Inc, read the full article here, excerpts below.https://www.linkedin.com/embeds/publishingEmbed.html?articleId=7616106697425092400
In August 2021, amidst the severe disruptions wrought by the pandemic, a new set of guidelines, ISO45003, was published by International Organization for Standardization (ISO), detailing the norms for managing psychosocial risks within the Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) framework.
· OH&S Policy: Stakeholders should ensure that commitment to well-being at workplace, prevention of illness and injuries are included in this policy.
· Awareness and Participation: Ways of making the policies known through open communication, ensure that no one gets left behind in the know about the well-intentioned policies.
· Assessing Risks and Opportunities: Assessments including behavioral surveys, psychometric evaluation, and evaluation of business readiness for implementation.
· Implementing the OH&S Policy: Following levels of intervention – Primary (org. level controls to prevent harmful effects, promote well-being), Secondary (increasing resources, training, other measures), Tertiary (implementing rehabilitation programs and other corrective, supportive actions)
· Audit and Reviews at periodic intervals, assessing effectiveness, performance, and take corrective actions for continuous improvement.
Livelihood Meets Learning & Growth
Its important to not only build the scaffolding with the policy framework, but also complement it with spirit of a wellbeing culture. And, as Mr Rama Shankar Pandey shared with us recently, its all about creating a culture where livelihood meets learning and growth. And in exceptional cases you strengthen it with love.
If you missed the conversation, watch the recording below
11 People Management Skills Every Manager Should Master in 2022
Our team wrote about “must have skills” for every manager , some of which are:
3. Creative thinking
7. Share constructive feedback
And more at the blog belowhttps://www.linkedin.com/embeds/publishingEmbed.html?articleId=9200129211449530582
That’s it for now!
If you have not yet gotten your copy of the Return to Work Checklist for Emotionally Healthy Workplaces, head over to manahwellness.com and get your copy today!
While you are there try Manah’s free emotional wellbeing assessment!
Till next week, take care!
Ashwin Naik is the co-founder of Manah Wellness